About This Course
Start Date: 17th May
Timings: 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Days: Mon, Wed, Thur
Next Session Start Date: 1st June
Course Summary: Explore a wide range of types of embroidery techniques, including hand embroidery, cross stitch and patch making. Whether you’re a beginner looking to understand the basic stitches or you’re an expert looking to expand your abilities with a hoop, needle, and thread, you can take your skills to new places.
Course Detailed Description:
Basic Freestyle Embroidery Class – Applications of the various popular stitches practised around the world.
- Basic Stitches
- Mirror work
- Stone work
- Metallic Thread
- Beads & Sequins
Advanced Freestyle Embroidery Class – Applications of the various popular stitches practised around the country.
- Kantha Embroidery (West Bengal)
- Kasuthi and Negi (Karnataka)
- Kutch Embroidery (Gujarat)
- Mirrorwork (Gujarat & Rajasthan)
- Phulkari (Punjab)
- Chikankari (Lucknow)
- Kashmiri (Kashmir)
- Toda (Tamilnadu-Nilgiris)
Skills you will learn: Coordination, hands on with needle and thread, cultural knowledge, motor skills, ability to change focus and vision.
- Anyone who wants to start their own business / boutique and wants to sharpen their technical skills.